Hubby Dearest



Heyoo lovely peopleee!! 
So in this post I'm gonna spill some of the deepest, darkest secrets of my soul. Just kidding! But some of the things on here are just a bit embarrassing.

I tend to find myself thinking about the future quite often. I think of my kids, my job, my life. Recently though, I've been thinking about what my marriage will be like. I want to find the most perfect man for me. This doesn't mean he has to be perfect for anyone else, but just perfect for me! As I pondered more on my hubby, I realised there were quite a few things that I will need from my life partner that may be slightly embarrassing. He's going to need to deal with me so in case he stumbles upon this blog (Hi Hubby!) here are some things I probably won't ask for or say to his face:

1. Please say (and write) loving things to me... a lot!
As some of you may have observed from my F. Scott Fitzgerald post, I am so in love with words, and love. Even if it is as simple as "I love you" written on a post it on the fridge, or a text message (or 34) a day, just do it.

2. To ask my dad for my hand in marriage.
And my mum too. I know its kinda old fashioned, and some people may think its creepy and slighting anti-feminist, but you know what? It's okay! If you're thinking about spending the rest of your life with me, you will know everything about me: that I'm slightly traditional and the respect shown in doing this will be a total turn-on! And my parents will love you, because I do. I chose you.

3. To give me space when need be
I'm just the type of person that sometimes needs to be on their own. Even if it's just for fifteen minutes. Just to meditate and be silent and thoughtful. When I do go off on my own, know that it's not you- I mean, I love you and I haven't even met you yet - I just need space to clear my mind, but I promise to always come home to you.

4. To listen to me when I overcommunicate about everything.
I tend to ramble, a lot. I don't know why but I do, about the littlest or biggest things. It's irrational and emotional and sometimes useless, but I can't not say it. It's a vulnerable part of me, please listen.

5. To not be embarrassed when I cry in the movies.
I may be strong, independent, and self-sufficient but movies get me every single time! It doesn't matter what genre, I will cry (except when it's a horror because I laugh when I'm scared). Just bring tissues to the cinema, k?

6. To allow me to dork out once in a while.
I will always be a dork. I get excited about superheros and comics and all that. And I can go on for hours about what I think will happen in the future on "The Flash" (the CW series). Just listen and accept it, you could find it amusing.

7. To speak your opinion
I want to be in love with your mind, your heart, what you stand for, what pisses you off, what makes you unique, what makes you turned on - I want to savor everything. So tell me everything. Share your life with me.

8. Plan the most casual date nights.
You know what would be perfect? Friday date nights, in our sweats, with takeout and a movie. I just don't want to lose you or the spark. I'm cool with greasy pizza, hot cocoa, and FRIENDS re-runs. Lets make a pact to not lose each other in our busy lives.

9. To have a passion.
or many of them. I never want to be anyone's everything. I really believe no one can grow in shade and I don't want us to grow suffocated with each other. I will support you in whatever you want to be a part of, join, or play. But I want you to have something you love besides me.

10. To deal with me.
I can be strange, weird, awkward, different. But please don't get tired of me. I know that I can ramble and just talk and dream big and go off on tangents. I can have entire conversations with myself and zone out in what I'm passionate about. And I will ALWAYS get giddy when I see a firefly. But i believe we can make moments out of that. And we can fall more and more in love with each other with each quirk we discover of the other.

11. To show love.
I am terrified of you falling out of love with me. I need to feel love in my bones and see it when I look in your eyes. You know why? Because I will love you more than you can imagine, and I need to feel the same.

12. Lets adventure together.
Lets live our life together like one big adventure. Whether we explore each other or the world, lets just enjoy. Be strange together, be serious together, always be there for each other. Let be best friends and have the journey of a lifetime. Together.




5 comments:

  1. Saher, I'm going to have to ask you to STOP RIGHT THERE WITH THE ADORABLENESS. LIKE SERIOUSLY. I'm tearing up. For realz. These are amazinggg can we just high five and booty pop over night ins and eating pizza IN SWEATS and watching Friends? *high fives you* *booty pops* yes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Norkor, this is what I dream about when I should be doing senior seminar. But whatever the case, at least now hubby dearest will know!
      Friday date nights are bae. I'll marry anyone if they give me that! *high fives you back* *booty pops* *dances seductively*

      Delete
    2. I JUST HOWLED AT *DANCES SEDUCTIVELY* obviously our milkshakes collectively bring all the boiz to the yard.

      Delete
  2. This is wonderful! even though some people may find asking parent's permission to be old fashion, It is something I want too. The causal date idea is fun. :) I also hope to live life as one big adventure with my future spouse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. felecia, I am so glad we have the same ideas and thoughts!! i think there is nothing more special than holding your partners traditions and values to heart no matter what they are. And of course, dates and adventuring shan't ever be forgotten!! x

      Delete

 

Other Cool Blogs

Halcyon Bound

The Kente & Khanga Network

Voyageur Africaine - The Kente & Khanga Network

Bloglovin'