F. Scott Fitzgerald


So I have an unconditional love for F. Scott Fitzgerald, well, more a love for his words than for him. Reading his writing makes me wish I wasn't on #TeamForeverAlone because love letters like his make my heart bleed with vanilla and unicorns and heart shaped candy.
His writing that isn't about love is also just amazing.
Good gosh I just love his writing so much!
Note to the male population: if ever you find yourself in a situation in which you fancy me, write me love letters like my main man Scotty Fitz.
(If you don't know who this man is, please, educate yourself.)

Here are some of my favourite F. Scott Fitzgerald quotes:

1. "I fell in love with her courage, her sincerity, and her flaming self respect. And it's these things I'd believe in, even of the whole world indulged in wild suspicions that she wasn't all she should be. I love her and it is the beginning of everything."

2. "You are the finest, loveliest, tenderest, and most beautiful person I have ever known- and even that is an understatement."

3. "I want to know you moved and breathed in the same world with me."

4. "I wish I'd done everything on Earth with you."

5. "They slipped briskly into an intimacy from which they never recovered."

6. "Their eyes met and in an instant, with an inexplicable, only half conscious rush of emotion, they were in perfect communion."

7. "It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living."

8. "I love her and that's the beginning and the end of everything."

9. "I shall go on shining as a brilliantly meaningless figure in a meaningless world."

10. "Well, there I was, way off my ambitions, getting deeper in love every minute, and all of a sudden I didn't care."





1 comments:

 

Other Cool Blogs

Halcyon Bound

The Kente & Khanga Network

Voyageur Africaine - The Kente & Khanga Network

Bloglovin'