Boredom: The Blessing

Heyo lovely people!
Boredom: the stagnant ringing in my head that, when comes over unannounced, shoos away any entertainment I could have hoped to spend my day with.

the face for when the feeling creeps in

I'm sure we are all pretty familiar with the feeling. When I was child I always had it bad when my mum would drag me to the hairdressers. I was too young to understand anything that was written in those outdated fashion and lifestyle magazines and I was too old to run around and play catch with the grimy toddlers that came along. It was absolute torture waiting for my mum nearly every other saturday morning. But salon waiting rooms aren't the only places that boredom can strike, in fact, it enjoys showing up in classrooms, car rides, at home, during a bad film... basically anywhere and at anytime if feels the need to make its annoying presence known. It's like that annoying person who talks to you even though you have BOTH earphones in. smh.

However (don't roll your eyes now) I've come to realize that boredom could actually be a blessing in disguise! *Que the shocked gasping*

Boredom
bore·dom
/ˈbôrdəm/
The feeling of being weary and impatient because one is unoccupied or lacks interest in one's current activity.

I would never have thought of boredom as a good thing BUT it's actually our body and brain's way to make us get up, get going, and do something. 

Overcoming boredom depends on how we force ourselves to take it on. Instead of just sitting there, twiddling our thumbs, singing ladidadida, and begging the feeling of "meh" to go away, why don't we try something new? Allow this time you've been given to fly away on a daydream. Make new goals for yourself, foster creativity, find some inspiration and run with it! The mind becomes grey, bland, and blank when we're bored and so, it needs something that'll make it colourful again. There's billions of things that we could do to distract ourselves with, and the time that boredom has so graciously given you is the perfect opportunity to explore. Maybe you could try a new hobby, educate yourself, see something new! Become familiar with the unfamiliar.

The challenge: next time we feel like the words "I'm bored" want to make a swift exit from our mouths, switch things around, get up, and get moving! Finding a challenge that will distract you from when you're bored is how you'll find things you actually enjoy and you may have a hidden talent just waiting to be found! Sing, dance, create, play, exercise, cook... just get going now!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Other Cool Blogs

Halcyon Bound

The Kente & Khanga Network

Voyageur Africaine - The Kente & Khanga Network

Bloglovin'