Africa


Hi guyssss!
I know I've been so MIA its truly awful. I am so sorry. But here I am, ready to share a poem with you! Thanks to my bestie Adora over at Halcyon Bound for helping me out about what to post.
I worked on this poem for a creative writing class, but really it means a lot to me. I have been brought up in Nairobi, never even moved house! However, coming soon is a big step in my life as I move away to university. No matter where life takes me, who I become or who I meet; Nairobi, Kenya, Africa will always be my home. This place will forever hold an irreplaceable place in my heart. And so I wrote this poem while loving my home with my entire heart. 
I hope you enjoy!


AFRICA
Saher Amin
the goal was to make living
an art in itself
and in just one sunset
you made that a reality.
Painted colours
Runaway wind.
The breaths of purity.
new lungs filled with
the smell of freshly drowned rain.
Your magnificent glow is etched in my mind
the orange of your soil
the midnight of your sky is painted
on the back of my eyelids in
quintessential remembrance.
  A F R I C A.
breath of my heart.
colour of my palms.
soul of the plains.
with just one sunset
my heart was crowned with the pyramids of Egypt
        the desert of Algeria
       the richness in the streets
           the cloth
          the culture of Morocco
my shoes were filled with the strength of South Africa.
with one sunset you made
my life
art.








3 comments:

  1. Much YES. Such WOW. Girl, I absolutely love this!! Words were meant to pour forth from YOU. Thank you for blessing the internet with this work of art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AH you're too sweet! I'm so happy you liked it... coming from a talented writer such as yourself, this means so much!

      Delete

 

Other Cool Blogs

Halcyon Bound

The Kente & Khanga Network

Voyageur Africaine - The Kente & Khanga Network

Bloglovin'