How To: Meditate

Hello there! So, one of my goals for this year is to meditate more. Last year, I found myself feeling down quite a lot. I was always negative and started shutting people out of my life for no reason. I decided to try meditation as a lot of other people and blogs have suggested that it does help calm oneself. And with the stress of senior year, graduation, and college coming up, I'm gonna need all the relaxation I can get.
I welcome you to join my journey and learn to meditate more often. Calm our mind and relax your muscles. The few times I have tried to do so, I learnt that any form of meditation for any amount of time can be nothing but beneficial!

So here are some tips to help both you and I meditate-

1. Make sure you are wearing something comfortable
I usually wear my PJs or some sweats and a T-Shirt. Wear anything that makes you feel comfortable and free!

2. Find a quiet, calm, nice space
Granted, this is a hard thing to find but find a place that is perfect for you; a window sill, garden, porch, your bed! Anywhere you feel peaceful.

3. Stretch!
Just to check how your body is doing. No need for complicated stretches! Just anything really.

4. Sit comfortably
Sit cross legged and up straight. Stretch your arms one last time, make sure your bum is comfy, and place your hands on your knees with your palms facing the sky.

5. Inhale and exhale deeply
Breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth slowly and steadily. You can do this as many times as you like and for as long as it takes to relieve you of any stress and negative feelings. Feel and see all the bad feelings and emotions being pulled to your core with every inhale and then being sent out of your body with every exhale, sent away forever, never to return!
Focus on your breathing and try to stay aware of it leaving and coming into your body. I usually imagine a flower on my tummy that opens up its petals every time with every breath I take in.
Don't worry if your mind wanders! Meditation takes practise and trying to get your busy mind under control is no easy task. Just try to refocus on your breathing, try to drown out anything that is going on in your head and clear your mind.

6. Notice sounds and smells around you
We don't take enough time to notice all the smells and noises around us. Keep your eyes closed, continue to inhale and exhale and start to notice the sounds and smells around you. Its quite amusing how many little things we miss!

7. Relax your body from top to toe
Send your breath to your toes and relax the muscles, envision them losing any tightness. The keep moving up your body, from your feet to you knees, thighs, bum, hips, tummy, back, chest, shoulders, arms, neck, face, to the top of your head. Take as much time as you need.

8. Enjoy and breathe
Once you have relaxed your entire body, take a moment to enjoy the looseness and calm sensation, it feels so good! Then go back to inhaling and exhaling for as long as you like before you start to come out of your meditation.

9. Slowly come out of your meditation
After you have meditated for as long as you would like, slowly open your eyes and, while your body and mind are still at peace, take in your surroundings.

10. Have a lovely, peaceful day! 
Carpe Diem! Seize the day! Go on and have a peaceful, positive, productive day!

Meditation needs to be worked on. As you take more time and learn to concentrate more, it will become easier and more affective.
Start off slow and soon you will find yourself more at peace and you will tend to meditate naturally, like second nature.


Thanks for the tips Ella Grace Denton

2 comments:

  1. These are fantastic tips Saher! Can't wait to see more of your posts once #senioryearstress is done with! ALSO! I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award :) You can check that out on my blawwwg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NORKORRR!! Thank you I hope they help just a tad! And more posts will definitely be coming! Let these shenanigans known as High School come to an end! Thank you for the nomination!! I shall work on it tonight!

      Delete

 

Other Cool Blogs

Halcyon Bound

The Kente & Khanga Network

Voyageur Africaine - The Kente & Khanga Network

Bloglovin'