Remembering Paris




Hello there! Earlier this year, some of my friends and I got the amazing opportunity to travel to Paris for a school French trip. Never before have I been so taken aback by beauty. Everything everywhere was absolutely magnificent, from the architecture, to the art, to the style, the people, everything was simply beautiful. 
I haven't been able to get that trip out of my mind. So many new relationships were formed and there were countless irreplaceable laughs.
I thought I'd share some images with you so you can get just a little bit of a feel of how glorious Paris truly is. These pictures do the city no justice whatsoever.
If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast. -Ernest Hemingway




The Happiest Place on Earth
Classic Eiffel Tower
Obviously, Disneyland in Paris is amazing. You feel a sense of happiness and nostalgia as you walk through the different worlds and spot all your favourite childhood characters. Even on a freezing cold day, Disney can warm your heart (cheesy, but so very true!)
The Eiffel Tower is absolutely gorgeous, and pictures do the structure no justice. The view of the city from the top is breathtaking! The little details of the tower blew my mind! You can tell it was built with care and precision. Definitely something one must see in person at least once.

DISNEY
The famous Disney. My favourite.

The doors of Notre Dame
Exquisite detailing of Cathedrals and churches throughout Paris can render one speechless. After taking an AP Art History course I was able to point out where and why certain sculptures and design elements were used and that made me appreciate all the art and architecture so much more. Having knowledge of history allows you to see things in a completely different light, a more grateful and appreciative light. I would urge all of you to look into art history, its truly fascinating. These doors of Notre Dame (there are three of these) are said to maybe represent the Holy Trinity, and the carvings, known as jamb statues, are of past kings and queens. Exquisite detailing, beautiful structures.


The Castle
Oh how I wish I was a princess.

Beautiful Palace of Versailles




More examples of some of the beauty of France. The three pictures above were all taken at the Palace of Versailles, also known as Château de Versailles. The entire palace is gorgeous and so grand. 

Sometimes we like to be awkward
Some of my friends who I was lucky enough to enjoy Paris with. Thats me on the far left, Nene in the middle, and Mimi on the right.





On the left is a picture of the Hall of Paintings in Versailles. On the right, a section of the old city, so well kept for hundreds of years.
City


Sacre Coeur
Sacre Coeur is a Roman Catholic Church and Basilica dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. Once again, another beautiful example of the amazing architecture one can find in Paris.

City Lights

In case you didn't already notice- I kinda fell in love with Paris.
Hope you enjoyed x


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these lovely pictures and for making me totally jealous! I ain't even mad though! ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adora!! I wish you had come so you could be nicely featured here. real quick real slick. great.

      Delete

 

Other Cool Blogs

Halcyon Bound

The Kente & Khanga Network

Voyageur Africaine - The Kente & Khanga Network

Bloglovin'